People offer me help

People offer me help, but unfortunately I interpret this as a violation of my rights as a paranoid eccentric.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Computers make me want to die.

I got up today with every intention of making some form of clip show for my individual presentation...I had a few errands to run first but I had it PLANNED.

Went to physio - got discharged from outpatient private consulatations and enrolled into some form of pensioner pilates class...apparently im the youngest there by about 50 years but beggars with a muscularskeletal disorder at the tender age of 19 cant be choosers...

I went onto the toxic hellhole that is the White Rose Shopping Centre; had a good old fashioned slagging match with the brain dead staff in River Island before victoriously returning their shitty goods and retiring to greggs to gorge myself on pasties.

All was going well, All tasks completed I set about starting my presentation...Immediately the computer had some form of seizure when I asked it to try and open both Spotify and windows movie maker at the same time...ten minutes and several restarts later, I managed to open windows movie maker, resigned to the fact that I'd have to work in silence...

Good hour and a half later and I'm sorry but I'm going to retreat to the pub to drown my fury..."Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned?"....Hell hath no fucking fury like a woman whos video clips cannot, will not, all out refuse to open with anything other than windows media player...thats fantastic, I can see the shitty clips I'v made off the camera, but can I stick them together into a coherent order? Can I attach the backing music I'v found and pain-stakingly written on post-it notes all over my room so I wouldnt forget? Can I even get the clips to show up, and prove their existance isnt just a figment of my imagination? CAN I BOLLOCKS.

At this moment In time I hate computer programming more than life itself...and for the record I'v gone to the lengths of kidnapping someones laptop to write this rant just so I dont have to return to that...thing...Im furious. I'm in the right frame of mind to do some work, I set aside an entire afternoon to get started on this as I expected problems from my lack of video editing no how, I even called up a friend of mine thats doing a degree in film-making to check he would be home so I could show him my attempts and get any hints and tips off him...but to not even be able to get the damned things to open has me on the verge of a tantrum.

I have no choice but to go and stew in the pub until a more reasonable frame of mind returns to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment