People offer me help

People offer me help, but unfortunately I interpret this as a violation of my rights as a paranoid eccentric.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

"Depravity is a fun word"

James Jean

"People tend to think of imagination as some kind of magical thinking, but its really just the ability to make connections between ideas.



I'm not a massive fan of all of James Jeans works, in fact some of it I think im quite stuck to find things about it that I do like, however hes an artist that has re-invented himself over time and time again, and I think thats something that has a lot to be said for...although argueably it gives undertones of someone who is dissatisfied with themselves and their working style, or indeed who hasnt settled and found their own way of being yet...but maybe thats just me being pedantic, as what I want most right now, is to find my way of working and to stick to it...concepts and subject matter can change and develop with time and as my education develops...but within painting Iv found something that feels right for me...ANYWAY.

His 2008 and 2009 collections are those which I find myself most intregued by, I really like his use of materials and the way its applied, theres an interesting use of colour too which I could look at for a long time and gain insight from for my own pieces.



2009 - Consumption


Willow Horse 2008



Hare and Bindle 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment